According to statistics, around 19% of people (globally) own crypto coins and many of those people classify cryptocurrency as an official asset. The 10 Best Cryptocurrency platforms are reviewed in this article in no particular order of ranking.
The most popular and liquid cryptocurrencies include Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin, Ethereum, Dogecoin and Ripple. These coins can be converted into or exchanged for other coins or Fiat currencies.
Blockchain technology is used for Cryptocurrency and it has become increasingly popular because of its transparency, accessibility, security and immunity to Government control.
In 2017, Hong Kong launched Binance as a trading platform for exchanging cryptocurrencies. This company has established a good reputation for itself and holds the loyalty of more than 10 million global users.
Binance is an affordable option for Crypto traders at all levels of experience. The app is user-friendly and flexible, including features such as Spot Trading, Future Trading and Margin Trading.
Binance investment opportunities include Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, Chainlink, Dogecoin and many others.
- Trading with 125x
- Crypto margin trading facilities
- Bitcoin and Ethereum can be bought directly from the platform
- Rewards can be earned through Staking and Lending
- Binance card and crypto wallet available in EU to use with crypto-friendly suppliers
- Withdrawals from multiple countries
- Binance can be used as a universal Blockchain Wallet to store many different forms of digital currencies
Binance Pros and Cons
|Affordable trading||Lack of indicators and charts feel outdated|
|Easy withdrawals and cash out||Updates clash with software|
|User-friendly platforms||The mobile app seems delayed|
|Hedging facilities||Verification is a slow process|
|Many currency pairs available||The design of the new version has poor reviews|
In 2013, Bitbuy was officially launched as a Canadian currency exchange platform. This Federal Government entity is an MSB (Money Services Businesses) and is registered by the Financial Transactions and Reports Analysis Centre of Canada.
Bitbuy is an affordable currency trading platform, which aims to simplify digital trading processes and improve the user experience of exchanging virtual assets.
The platform gives traders the option to use Brokers, choose from advanced trading options and do OTC trading.
Canadian crypto traders can use Bitbuy to transact with up to 6 different cryptocurrencies, namely Ether, Litecoin, Stellar, XRP, Bitcoin Cash and Bitcoin.
Bitbuy Mobile App Features
- Bitbuy wallets can securely store digital currencies
- Digital currencies can be deposited or withdrawn from external wallets and exchange platforms
- 24-hour charting, updated blog posts and accurate prices
- Transaction records and account history can easily be viewed
- Dark mode
- Technical analysis
- Limit orders
- Pro trading
- Fingerprint authentication
- Facial Recognition log in system
- Updated coins & trading pairs
Bitbuy Pros and Cons
|User-friendly trading experience||Customer support is delayed and unreliable|
|Secure and safe||Some users complain about Recaptcha|
|Easy to use for new crypto-traders||Users can only begin trading once they have been verified|
|Web and mobile platforms are identical||Pro trading cannot be used|
|All fees are disclosed||Only Canadians can access the platforms|
|Good processing times on transactions|
In 2011, the Bitstamp crypto trading platform was developed and it has held an esteemed reputation amongst its European client base over the last decade.
Traders with all levels of experience can use Bitstamp platforms to work towards their cryptocurrency portfolio goals, using the innovative tools and features designed by the Bitstamp app developers.
Bitstamp is secure, convenient and easy to use. Users can transact using Ethereum, Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin and Ripple.
The user-friendly dashboard of the Bitstamp application allows crypto traders to use the Tradeview chart feature, choose from multiple types of trades and manage their digital currency wallets on the go.
Bitstamp App Features
- New traders can enjoy a user-friendly UI, suitable for beginners
- Crypto transfers are seamless
- Sign-in requires authentication
- QR code scanning features make it easy to manage digital wallets and do transactions
- Traders can use the platform to check both Crypto and Bank balances
- Tradeview can be used to keep track of live updates and check order logs
- Order status can be tracked and there are many types of orders to choose from and features to manage them
- Traders can manage the app and their chosen or preferred settings can be changed at any time
Bitstamp Advanced tools
- A variety of order categories to choose from
- Tradeview charts provide detailed perspectives of market activities
- Complete Order books can be accessed and reviewed at any time
- Good balance of user-friendly features and security
- MultiSig and encryption techniques are used to safely store funds
- Apps can be disabled from a secondary device if the primary device is compromised
- 98% of crypto coins stored offline
Bitstamp Pros and Cons
|Ease of use||Inconvenience of Recaptcha|
|Affordable||The platform needs further development|
|Compliant and secure||Graphs may overwhelm beginners|
|Prices can be viewed without creating an account||US citizens have limited access|
|Fingerprint authorization||Account creation and authentication may intimidate users|
|Live trade updates||It takes time to understand the user interface of the platform|
Bittrex is an international crypto-exchange platform based in Liechtenstein and Bermuda. The creators of Bittrex were previously employed by Microsoft and Amazon respectively.
The Bittrex mobile app allows users to buy over 200 cryptocurrencies in exchange for US dollars, which can be stored and transferred securely using digital wallets.
Bittrex is regulated under the supervision of the Financial Market Authority, the Digital Asset Busines Act, and the Blockchain Act. This entity is fully registered and licensed with the DAB and BMA.
The availability of advanced APIs improves the user’s experience by automating certain processes. Bittrex commits fully to providing a platform that is efficiencient, secure and convenient for users at all levels.
Bittrex App Features
- Keep track of changes in prices
- Market searches can be filtered based on indicators
- A digital wallet can be accessed using the mobile app
- Secure data storage systems
- Set alerts for successful orders
- Create a list of your frequently used markets
- Access your transaction and order history
Bittrex Pros and Cons
|Positive user experience||Users have reported issues with BTC deposits|
|Platforms are well-designed||Slow response time from platform|
|Reliable authentication measures||Log-ins may be delayed|
|Compatible with Fiat transactions||Charts seem unreliable at times|
|Many cryptocurrencies to choose from||Customers have not given positive reviews|
CEX.IO is a registered cryptocurrency platform that supports over 100 countries and 47 American states. Clients have the option of trading through the website, mobile apps, WebSocket and REST API.
The CEX.IO platform creates trading opportunities for more than 3 million registered users and it has been operational since 2013, with no reported investment losses.
The CEX.IO team consists of 250 committed members who are based in the US, Cyprus, Ukraine, Gibraltar and the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
Before CEX.IO developed its platform, crypto traders could not make online card payments to purchase cryptocurrency and transfers could not be made to and from bank accounts.
Now, millions of traders are using the innovative tools and features made available by the CEX.IO platform and traders can choose from over 8 crypto assets and trade in 4 currencies (EUR, RUB, GBP and USD). The platform also offers features such as Spot trading and Margin trading.
CEX.IO App Features
- It is quick and easy to buy, sell and transfer crypto using bank cards or your account balance
- No delay on card withdrawals and deposits
- Convert crypto and fiat to crypto or fiat without hassle
- Get notified when orders are successful or when prices change
- A list of preferred crypto pairs can be created for convenience
- The well-developed UI makes trading a breeze
- Get live updates about market activity and view your order book at any time
- The mobile app can be used to link bank cards to your trading account
- Check your balance and manage orders and transactions
- Set limits on orders and trades
- Traders can keep all their receipts as proof of payment for commission and trading fees
- Access to BTC data from other best-rated platforms allows for planning and trading based on price differences in crypto coins
CEX.IO Pros and Cons
|Verification is only required once||Deposit is not free|
|Account creation is fast and easy||Fiat withdrawal fees may be higher than usual|
|Withdrawals can be done without delay||Customer support is unreliable|
|Platform performance may exceed expectations||Additional verification needed when the buy limit is increased|
|Many trading tools to choose from|
|Affordable option compared to BTC|
Coinbase was one of the first cryptocurrency exchange platforms to be launched. Since its inception in 2012 as a Bitcoin brokerage, more than 20 million users have registered from over 100 countries.
This crypto platform is a registered, compliant entity with a well-developed, user-friendly website. Users have the opportunity to earn crypto by completing the courses on cryptocurrency, blockchains and market concepts provided on the website.
Coinbase has earned the trust and loyalty of its members by providing affordable, reliable services and securing the funds of their clients through multi-factor authentication, offline storage of assets and the use of password locks for the app.
The Coinbase app can be used to transact with XRP, BTC and BTC cash, ETH and over 4000 other assets.
Coinbase has plenty of educational resources available for beginners, but expert traders can enjoy the advanced trading options and features of the Coinbase Pro membership.
Traders have access to market news updates, trading tools and digital wallets. The Coinbase desktop platform also offers customized tools specifically for businesses who intend to sell crypto, trade with crypto or invest in crypto.
- Trades can be automated and users can get notified when prices change, making it easy for beginners to enter markets
- The cost and value of particular assets can be checked
- Impressive portfolios can be developed over time by trading with liquid currencies and managing orders
- Trades can be repeated and the frequency of orders can be automated based on days, weeks or months
- Funds can be kept in vaults for high-level security, but withdrawals may be slightly delayed
- The app supports Android and IOS operating systems
Coinbase Pro Features
- Traders can access charts, candles and order books any time
- Features include Stop limits and automated trades
- Variety of order types for expert traders
- Portfolio and transaction history can be viewed using the user-friendly dashboards
- Supports native currencies
- Traders can deposit and withdraw crypto and keep their funds in secure digital wallets
Coinbase Pros and Cons
|Easy to purchase crypto coins||Lack of customer support|
|Availability of educational resources||Prices are not updated within a reasonable time|
|Accounts are closed if there is suspicious activity||Verifications are delayed|
|Coinbase Pro offers charges minimal fees for certain trading volumes and order types||No explanation of pricing structures|
|Withdrawals are processed immediately||The free version of Coinbase may be too expensive for most users|
|Easy to use||Users cannot access their coins directly|
Kraken Pro is a popular American crypto platform that has been operational for over a decade and holds a reputation for being one of the most successful crypto service providers available today.
The user-friendly platform creates a safe learning environment for new cryptocurrency enthusiasts and offers many advanced features, such as spot and margin trading facilities, for expert traders.
The diverse client base of Kraken Pro creates many exciting trading opportunities and most users have given positive feedback on their trading experience, transaction fees and customer support.
Kraken Pro traders can enjoy OTC and account management services that are tailored according to their personal preferences.
Users can trade with popular cryptocurrencies such XBT, ETH, BCH, LTC and XRP. Their ultimate goal is to encourage businesses and individuals globally to use crypto as a new form of currency to pay for goods and services.
Kraken Pro Features
- Changes in prices can be viewed as they are happening
- Traders can choose from multiple layouts for charts and order books
- Analyze and review charts and transaction logs
- Each currency is represented by a specific colour, making it easier to read charts
- There are 8 asset classes to choose from
- Trading tools include Margin trading
- High volume orders can be made conveniently
- Take and Loss profits can be automated
- Many types of orders to choose from for advanced traders
- Traders can also choose when trades will open and close based on their preferences
- Order sees can be paid using traditional government currencies or crypto coins
- Users can access their entire record of historical account activity
- Trading history can be viewed using charts
- Asset balances can be checked individually and traders can choose which currency to use
Kraken Pro Pros and Cons
|Good customer reviews||No feature for price update notifications|
|Improved, updated UI||Delayed response times|
|Impressive visual representation of charts||Order parameters cannot easily be adjusted|
|Authentication using fingerprints||The app cannot be used to make withdrawals and deposits|
|All markets are highly liquid||It may be challenging for new traders|
|Fees are minimal|
|Reliable customer support|
Luno supports over 40 countries and has 3.5 million active traders, with a transaction history of $8 million being securely processed since 2013.
The Luno Bitcoin savings wallet gives crypto traders the option to earn interest on their investments and moving assets between wallets is a seamless process.
Luno claims to be one of the most secure, reliable cryptocurrency platforms with its sophisticated encryption-based safety measures.
Novice and experienced crypto traders can enjoy the advanced trading features offered by Luno, such as live price alerts, access to relevant market news and high-end API functionality.
Luno App Features
- Drive market actions by using price update notifications
- Charting features for experienced traders
- A wide variety of the most popular crypto pairs to trade with
- Trade compatibility with traditional government currencies
Luno Pros and Cons
|Beginner-friendly||Traders can only choose from a few currencies|
|Dedicated customer support team||Account-level determines withdrawal limit|
|Secure platforms||The price alert feature is faulty|
|User-friendly||Log-ins may take long|
|Charts are reliable and correct||Options for banks may restrict some users|
|Credible and popular||No demo-accounts|
Poloniex was founded in 2014 as an American crypto platform, which offers global trading opportunities with over 12 digital asset classes and 7 trading currencies to choose from.
Despite the lack of publicity, Poloniex remains an active crypto exchange platform with competitive pricing structures, innovative trading features and active traders.
After a change of ownership in 2019, Poloniex expanded its service offering and now traders can enjoy a rich variety of cryptocurrencies and platform features.
Crypto traders can choose from over 100 cryptocurrency sets, without the high transaction costs of other platforms and users also have several loans offers available.
This platform may appeal more to experienced traders who understand graphs, currency pairs and APIs.
- Mobile trading makes it possible to strike at critical moments without losing sight of your balance
- Crypto wallet allows traders to conveniently withdraw and deposit assets
- Account balance can be checked at any time
- Order status can be tracked
- Keep a close eye on tickers and changes in markets with user-friendly dashboards
- Notifications about price changes make it easy to trade
- Preferred trading pairs can be saved in a list
- Over 20 options for Margin pairs
- Includes Tradeview and market timelines can be checked
- Bank cards can be used to purchase crypto
- A special type of digital wallet can be used to earn interest by loaning crypto coins to other traders
Poloniex Pros and Cons
|Elegant platform design||The app is lacking trading indicators|
|Traders can choose from many altcoins||Traders cannot use government currency|
|Easy to use||Delayed processing time|
|Highly regulated and secure||Deposits take long|
|New features include Stop-limits on orders||Website and UI do not correspond well|
|Developers update the app regularly||No dedicated customer support team|
The Shapeshift platform can be accessed from over 160 countries and users can choose from more than 40 crypto coins to trade with.
The founder of Shapeshift, Erik Voorhees, launched the platform as a means of speeding up the rates of exchanges, deposits and conversions of cryptocurrencies.
Since 2013, Shapeshift has become a personal favourite for many crypto traders because no fees are charged for a commission or on trading activities, with the exception of a low-cost miner’s fee for conversions.
Beginners can visit the public educational resources library to get started and expert traders can enjoy a unique selection of innovative features specific to this platform.
Access to the Shapeshift platform is not restricted in any way because government-issued currency is not used and banks are not needed.
Shapeshift is in partnership with Jaxx.io, which is a highly secure platform that can be used to access the blockchain.
Shapeshift App Features
- The mobile app can be downloaded at no cost
- Conversions, trades and transfers are processed within minimal time
- More than 40 assets to choose from
- Compatibility with Altcoin traders
- No exposure to government influence as there is no way of using traditional centralized currencies on the platform, improving security
- Traders can conveniently buy, sell and convert coins using the app
- The order process is straightforward, making it extremely easy for beginners to enter markets
- The mobile app does not require a registered account
- The mobile app can be used to view complete records of account activity over periods of time
- Digital transaction traces can be organized based on dates or assets
Shapeshift Pros and Cons
|Educational resources available||The app does not compare to the website|
|Good performance||Cannot log in automatically with Google|
|Secure and reliable||3FA does not work as expected|
|Affordable trading costs||New traders feel overwhelmed|
|Responsive customer support||Keepykey is faulty|
|Using Fox tokens will remove trading fees||Customers complain about user experience|
Virtual currencies have dominated the internet since the unveiling of BTC 11 years ago. There are currently more than 5000 crypto assets to choose from in 2021 and they are all based on the open-source coding of Bitcoin Core. This list provides the 10 Best Cryptocurrency platforms in 2021 – a good place to start.